3.25.2005

Best NBA Art Collection, Pt. 5637

As previously reported on Free Darko, former frontrunner of the BNBAAC 2005 competition, Ray Allen, has recently been facing heavy pressure from C-Webb and Grant Hill, who have been flexing their respective curatorial ballast in prominent museums nationwide. But ever the competitor, Allen has recently leaked to industry insiders (JockBio.com), that in addition to the much ballyhooed painting of a bunch of faceless ghouls dunking on each other that was talked about to death in his ESPN profile, Allen apparently also owns pieces by Joan Miro, Andy Warhol, and Marc Chagall.

Repeat. Ray Allen owns a Chagall. BACK ON TOP!!!!

(JockBio.com also reports that during Milwaukee's 2001 playoff series with the Hornets, Ray painted his toenails green and purple for good luck.)

I also want to take this opportunity to remind everyone to go back and look at Andrei Kirilenko’s website, AGAIN. Especially the photos. Especially the photo of Raja Bell and his wife. We all have a lot to learn here.

5 Comments:

At 3/25/2005 7:26 PM, Blogger Dr. Lawyer IndianChief said...

In posting the Kirilenko website, I myself have been rediscovering it daily as well. My absolute favorite blurb, under hobbies:

"Animals

I adore dogs and horses. But my favorite animals are from the cat breed, but not cats. These are panthers, lions, tigers, pumas, jaguars, leopards… these animals combine strength, power, speed and grace. It’s true I don’t have any of my own pets yet, but I really want to get an American Bulldog and a Jack Russell Terrier."

Like, what is he, 4 years old? Napoleon Dynamite? Can you imagine Iverson on his website talking like this?

 
At 3/25/2005 7:29 PM, Blogger Dr. Lawyer IndianChief said...

Ok, I actually now realize that this is an issue of translation/English comprehension, so pardon my xenophobia (the sole basis of this website). In other words, please look at this picture and read the caption:

http://www.kirilenko.ru/picture.shtml?lang=eng&chapter=photo&subchapter=personal&gallery=1&subgallery=4&photo=41

 
At 3/25/2005 9:37 PM, Blogger Bethlehem Shoals said...

you're right, that one's hilarious with or without the bad translation. will this gift ever stop giving?

 
At 3/25/2005 9:39 PM, Blogger Bethlehem Shoals said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6/14/2013 6:54 PM, Blogger Jim Philips said...

I would like to check out all his are collection. I bet that he has some interesting pieces that people on the Host PPH community would like to see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home