12.17.2007

Children Have Powers



In this week's Longform, I invited readers to send in their drawings of what tonight's Hawks/Jazz gum-thrower would look like. I'm not sure if I was serious, but MC Welk was; he got his very own offspring to peer into the future, the results of which you see above. His commentary:

Perhaps [SON OF MCW], 6, feels that tonight's game will be nuanced by the umpires, err, referees and that people will get up, or that it could get ugly, perhaps 3s will rain so hard that one will need an umbrella. Or his kindergarten class is currently on the letter "u."

Anyone else with kids, try doing the same for upcoming games of note. I think this could change the face of business.

Working on a post, in the meantime read my new latest on Heaven and Here. I have no idea why we need a "meta" category on there.

4 Comments:

At 12/17/2007 12:29 PM, Blogger Black Lake Lodge said...

I love this idea. I think it would be an interesting experiment to try this on a semi-regular basis and tabulate the correlations if there are any.

 
At 12/17/2007 12:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Shoals, I think it's great the first two sentences of your open letter to Josh sound exactly like the opening two lines of every comment left on an NBA player's YardBarker blog.

 
At 12/17/2007 1:24 PM, Blogger Ziller said...

MC Welk Jr. really dislikes Gordan Giricek. Which means he's been getting a tremendous education.

 
At 12/18/2007 11:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

amazing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home