7.25.2008

Gospel at the breakfast table



Everyone's threatening to go Euro, but as the more astute commenters know, we care more about self-promotion than basketball, so check out this thoughtful dialogue between Shoals and Ben from Blazer's Edge. If their discussion of access piques your interest, do the history with Steve Kelley's appreciation of David Halberstam, author of the legendary Breaks of the Game (tip of the hat to Seth at Enjoy the Enjoyment).

For anyone in the Chicagoland area, Shoals and I will be at both Polvo shows this weekend, reliving our youth. Tonight's show is sold out, but I think the Wicker Park Fest is free and outside, although if it's anything like Pitchfork last weekend, I may kill myself. Speedboat!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7/25/2008 10:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i have tickets to the polvo show tonight but can't go because of my stupid friend's stupid wedding.

 
At 7/25/2008 10:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just started listening to Polvo because of this site...pretty great. As was the Shoals' interview in the link. Can we get a post about Monta getting 66 million from Gully state?

 
At 7/25/2008 12:35 PM, Blogger Graydon said...

Yo, I'm gonna be at Wicker Park Fest on Saturday if any FDers wanna get together and shoot the shit. Plus it would be cool to meet up with Recluse and Shoals if y'all are down. My email is available via my blogger account.

 
At 7/25/2008 9:42 PM, Blogger Nathaniel Jones said...

If anyone still wasn't sure why I'm so happy that Kidd is on this team, I hope they just saw that full-length-of-the-court one-handed outlet.

And playing Chris and Deron together is actually turning out to be pretty awesome. This might be my favorite basketball.

 
At 7/26/2008 3:51 PM, Blogger Bethlehem Shoals said...

Polvo show was spiritual and hot as hell, would appreciate it if anyone could contact me with video.

We'll be at Wicker Park in the evening hours, near the North Stage. I will be wearing a red ABA shirt (sorry, it's all I have clean) and the Recluse shall rock a bootleg 1989 Jordan tank top.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home