2.04.2005

He is our general

Stephen Jackson gets suspended one game for verbally abusing an official (language designed to make you cringe--unpleasant without crossing over into bad-ass "verbal assault" territory, which if I remember correctly happened a lot in mid-nineties NYC). . . and no one rushes to condemn him! Ordinarily, I would take this as further evidence that the league, and its lapdog media, are out to get Ron Artest. If it had been him, presumably we would've been showered with unnecessarily moralistic columns from around the country (as if anyone can understand him from a distance!); with Jackson, it's a pun.

Taken with rumors that Stern might reinstate TW for the post-season, though, I can only come to one conclusion: Ron Artest has jumped the shark (has "jumped the shark" jumped the shark?). At least crazy Ron Artest. Now it's time for troubled, chronically intense Artest, a sympathetic figure that the truly enlightened (and cynical? kindly?) among us have been rooting for all along.

That said, I owe TrentonHasslesCarmelo forever (refuse to abbreviate it as "THC") for sending me this:

The Anthem

This is where I would also post a picture, if someone drew one or I didn't think I was above cleverly inserting photos

3 Comments:

At 2/04/2005 5:46 PM, Blogger Dr. Lawyer IndianChief said...

Yeah, the "weed" reference is really hurting me...but it might be the only way to go. Also, I think you need to fix the link, homie.

 
At 2/04/2005 5:53 PM, Blogger Bethlehem Shoals said...

i did the best i could to make a link. . . it's the same thing i did the one other time i put one in a post. hopefully one of our lofty adminstrators will fix this for me.

 
At 2/05/2005 2:05 PM, Blogger Brown Recluse, Esq. said...

i think "jumped the shark" has been over for a hot minute. but, is "hot minute" over? is "over" over? what about "it's a wrap?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home