5.09.2005

And all shattered souls shuddered

Saturday and Sunday were so bad, I can't say I care much about basketball today. I'd go so far as to say that Saturday's stinkers were the worst games that any non-homer ever planned their weekend around. Sunday brought the Wizards back down to earth before their time, and from I heard, I glad I opted for The Simpsons and Vincent D'Onofrio. But, since FreeDarko has yet to let a playoff game pass without some comment, I figured I might as well let my intense displeasure be known, if not actually bless you with any wisdom.

Tonight should be better. Has to be. Can't be worse. Pistons/Pacers should be a BASKETBALL slugfest, but from sheer watchability perspective, it would need Artest (brawl or no brawl) to keep my interest. It did dawn on me this morning, though, that as much as the Pistons publicly support their fans, they probably sympathize more with the Pacers in this whole thing.

Mavs/Suns is looking more and more like the crown jewel of the playoffs, what Mavs/Kings were during the Kobe era. I will refrain from any further anticipation, since we know where that got us on Saturday.

Stephen Jackson has no sceptum. Draw your own conclusion.

Didn't that guy on the Dannon Frusion commerical used to host Rap City? Was his name Joe Cool or something?

4 Comments:

At 5/09/2005 3:07 PM, Blogger Dr. Lawyer IndianChief said...

The second round (especially with a potential lack of FBP) is AWFUL. what a letdown after the magnificent first round. I have nothing to say except that I hope the Mavs get swept.

 
At 5/09/2005 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for being late to the dance, but why do y'alls call Ray Allen FBP?

 
At 5/09/2005 8:29 PM, Blogger Bethlehem Shoals said...

First Black President. . .used to be between him and Kobe, but for obvious that gap has widened immeaursably over the last few seasons. grant hill doesn't count. i think we talked about it on the blog around the all-star break, but it's been here forever

 
At 5/10/2005 10:31 AM, Blogger Ian said...

I think his name was Joe Clair. Trade in your breakfast for a Dannon Frusion Smoothie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home