6.28.2005

Fran Vazquez Draft Diary - pt. 1

Fran Vazquez will pen a draft day diary for FreeDarko.com throughout the next 24 hours.

My name is Fran Vazquez! Mi nombre es Fran Vazquez!

I say it in both languages because at a seminar on Rookie Media, David Stern appeared in television and said we must speak in both our languages for international appeal. A funny thing happened: Bogut turned to me and asked me why Stern wasn't also speaking in Hebrew.

Andrew Bogut is obnoxious. Only Europeans are allowed to be so very arrogant. We earned that right... es nuestro derecho... not Australia or New Zealand. That's where we sent our criminals, right? Did you see on SportsCenter how he gave Milwaukee a packet of what he would do if selected? Ridiculous. He has no sense of style or design.

Francisco Garcia told me he thought it looked like a Lisa Frank Notebook. Garci is amusing. He told me his ancestry dates back to Asturias, but even so I am positive he has some moorish blood in him. I don't know why he keeps following me around. "We have the same names Fran," he says. "We should ball together. My mother says I could learn something from a guy like you."

Garci needs to face facts. He's from the Bronx. I am from Xantada.

Speaking of Xantada, I hope my home town is reading this column. FreeDarko staff told me they have large following in Europe. If so, I wish to say hello to my little brother IƱaki. I will have more to write for later. It is a very exciting time.

God Bless,



Fran Vazquez
(Not Pau Gasol)

1 Comments:

At 6/28/2005 11:14 AM, Blogger Bethlehem Shoals said...

dear fran,

do you think that you can be a star in this league? how do you like this food in america?

your #1 fan,

zoran savic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home