Best boxscore of the preseason
You may have noticed that we have pretty much ignored the preseason thus far. Even more than usual, the games have told us very little about what to expect from the upcoming season. The only rookies with eyebrows who have really dropped gaudy stats were Danny Granger (who won't play major minutes) and Chris Paul (who will). But, last night's Clippers/Warriors tilt revealed many magnificent things, which I will now enumerate:
- Yuta Tabuse started for the Clippers and had 8 points, 6 assists, 4 boards, 3 steals, AND A BLOCK! He's like 5-8, how did he get a block? He also got his points on 100% shooting from the field. I hope he makes the regular season roster, but he probably won't.
- Boniface Ndong--my vote for greatest NBA name--recorded a near double-double with 16 points and 9 boards, while shooting 6-8 from the field.
- Zarko Cabarkapa--my vote for second greatest NBA name--started for the Warriors and also came close to a double-double with 8 points and 9 rebounds.
- It appears that the Clippers started four players 6-4 and under (Tabuse, Daniel Ewing, Anthony Goldwire, and Cat Mobley) along with forward Walter McCarty.
- The game was played in Missoula, Montana, in front of 3,218 people.
I love this game!
[edited by Brown Recluse, esq.]