12.01.2005

Myth meets its author

My cuz Henry Abbott (that's my mother's maiden name) may have caused the world to implode on itself by introducing Free Darko to its namesake and hero Darko Milicic. If you're reading, Darko, I hope you like the drawings. Hit us up on email, and we'll send you a free shirt. XXL, I assume?

As I saw Milicic sneaking out of the locker room with his shiny hair, I tapped him on the back and asked him the million-dollar question:

"Darko--have you ever heard of FreeDarko.com?"

He stares at me blankly. Like how cows look at bicyclists.

I give him a second shot, and sweeten the pot: "Hey, have you ever heard of the website called FreeDarko.com? They have a lot of stuff on there about you."

A flicker of enthusiasm in his eyes. Then he shakes his head slowly from side to side. "I haven't heard about it."

"You should check it out."

"I wanna see that. I'll check it out."

10 Comments:

At 12/01/2005 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

any guesses on what username Darko would choose for himself?

 
At 12/01/2005 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that I have caused the world to implode, can I get a free t-shirt?

 
At 12/01/2005 2:47 PM, Blogger emynd said...

We need a new mood for Darko:

"Meta-Introspective"

-e

 
At 12/01/2005 2:58 PM, Blogger Ken said...

umm DarkManX

 
At 12/01/2005 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's far more likely that someone from Darko's posse will partake in commenting if they haven't already. Even so, the thought that Darko is checking this out is pretty fucking cool.

 
At 12/01/2005 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now that i've gotten past my initial giddiness, the thought of darko checking the site really troubles me. the kid has endured so much pressure and scrutiny during his time in the league. now he learns of a site dedicated to his emancipation, only to find out that it's run by a bunch of freaks and filled with talk of the postbellum fur trade, tom cruise, fat hipsters, mark clayton and troubled smile. the straw that broke the Serbian gangster's back?

 
At 12/01/2005 5:53 PM, Blogger SilverBird5000 said...

brick, that worried me for a moment too. but let's not forget, the kid is from serbia and montenegro. i can't imagine he's lacking in thick skin or irony.

 
At 12/01/2005 7:27 PM, Blogger Jay Dub said...

Having sat courtside at the Bucks/Pistons game last Saturday, I actually could have told you this.

Stationed a mere 10 feet away from Darko, I grabbed his attention by incessantly shouting his name during the 1st quarter and upon getting him to look at me, I shouted *Free Darko* and he stared at me quizzically.

Since Dale Davis is racking up the DNPs these days instead of Darko, isn't it time for freedaledavis.com ?

 
At 12/01/2005 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ef Darko, ef D Squared. Whats real is freejonathanbender.com

 
At 12/01/2005 8:12 PM, Blogger Bethlehem Shoals said...

bender has quietly taken out everyone, i mean everyone, in the NBA ear-jewelry game

 

Post a Comment

<< Home