11.04.2006

Vanquished, but not for long



So JK caught me there in the comments section. Van Horn isn't under contract, which means he technically can do whatever the hell he wants. It's still not a shining beacon; it's a guy who doesn't have to work not working, and probably not all that different from Spree's hiatus. But comparing it to Artest is a little senseless. And while I reserve the right to articulate somewhat obvious FD positons, I should try and err on the side of plausibility.

Speaking of Artest, the SBL interview is hot, and not just because Jamie somehow managed to finesse in my uber-serious question about the brawl. The unquestioned triumph of the thing, though, is Ron Ron's riff on getting Francisco Garcia and Celine Dion to sing together. That's a fantasy team name just waiting to squirm forth.

7 Comments:

At 11/04/2006 12:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, KVH didn't leave because he was petulant about not receiving a big free agent contract to feed his family either.

I'm just sayin'.

 
At 11/04/2006 12:58 PM, Blogger Bethlehem Shoals said...

they are both with their families instead of playing basketball. if spree really wanted to come back for the mid-level, he could.

and correlatively, do you think van horn would be walking away if he were in line for another max-ish deal?

 
At 11/04/2006 2:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, but Spree left because he overvalued his own earning capability and left amidst a flurry of terrible quotes. I don't think KVH walks away from a max deal, but neither is he going around and seeking one.

 
At 11/05/2006 5:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Skip to My Lou!

The and1 tour comes to Toyota Center!

 
At 11/05/2006 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still bitter that my and1 tour at ucf's open run last year didn't get me on the team. I put up some numbers along with some flashy plays during my 10 minutes. I wish i could dunk.

 
At 11/05/2006 7:57 PM, Blogger Brickowski said...

don't we all, aug, don't we all...

 
At 11/09/2006 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In dreams, I am quite frequently surprised to find that I can dunk. Apparently, the secret is that instead of coming back down upon reaching the apex of your jump, you just carry on upwards.

It is suffice to say, an awesome feeling.

Frustratingly however, in those same dreams, I can't dribble for shit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home