3.20.2007

Bongwater: The Early Years



I'm trying to finish up my thesis, so you will have to wait till later for this incredibly confrontational post on space and bias I'm planning. Until then, allow me to submerge you in the unthinkable, as I craft my first ever FreeDarko Midafternoon Links Depot:

-Al Jefferson's style flummoxes league officials. I posted on this over at the FanHouse because I love money, but as an FD-worthy news item this shit is pure gold. Feel free to discuss on here.

-One year, when my fantasy team fell apart early on, I renamed it "The Al Jefferson Fog." How true that would prove to be, in his life and in my own.

-When I read Black Planet for the first time, I was totally confused, annoyed, and inspired. Luckily, the leader of our Seattle contingent tracked the guy down and got some of my questions about the book answered.

-I promise I will never, ever do this again. And I am perfectly willing to chalk this up to thesis-related hysteria (as I do a lot of things I've done these last few days). But for god's sake, if someone has a copy of Hopson Family, "On the Mainline" that they're willing to part with, PLEASE SELL IT TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Note: Neither Bongwater nor the Hopson Family are jazz, nor are they basketball.

10 Comments:

At 3/20/2007 4:34 PM, Blogger seezmeezy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3/20/2007 4:36 PM, Blogger seezmeezy said...

i sometimes wonder if antawn jamison's unorthodox style caused similar problems for late 90's/early 00's refs.

then i start wondering about how i can get free nacho cheese and forget about it.

then i get so distracted that i write a corny comment, delete it, and spend 20 minutes coming up with this bullshit.

wv fripstdc: the c strain of a new std created in a lab by scott pollard and columbian drug lords

 
At 3/20/2007 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dennis Hopson is sad to hear he is not basketball.

 
At 3/21/2007 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn N-
After reading the interview, no wonder I found the book so sad and hilarious at the same time. It is all the confusion I see in white people who refuse to use introspection to face anything meaningful about themselves. And Shields' effort illustrates why they don't; it takes too much effort to constantly question and force yourself to see when it's your birthright that you don't have to to so (whether that is an actuality or a perceived image)....

 
At 3/21/2007 10:14 AM, Blogger Nostrada said...

Well, completly off topic, what's the pic about? Can't make up my mind.......

 
At 3/21/2007 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey D-Wil... that's an intriguing statement, but I don't get it. If you've got some time, feel like elaborating?

 
At 3/21/2007 2:15 PM, Blogger Nathaniel Z said...

Al Jefferson is the real deal. I've been a fan of his from the get go.

I'll put money on Ainge stupidly trading him with Ratliff's contract this summer for a bigger name to play alongside Pierce.

I think Marion may end up Boston green as Phoenix will be over the luxury threshold with the extensions of Barbosa and Diaw kicking in.

If Phoenix doesn't get Noah with Atlanta's pick, I can see that pick going with Marion to Boston for Ratliff (expiring, paid for by insurance), Jefferson, West and 2 future first round picks.

Marion has peaked anyway in my opinon, and a frontcourt of Stoudemire and Jefferson is a better playoff combo (when the game slows down). They are also interchangeable at the 4/5.

 
At 3/21/2007 6:00 PM, Blogger Brown Recluse, Esq. said...

there's no way the celtics trade jefferson. not even danny ainge is that stupid. he should be untouchable. seriously, who would you trade jefferson for? he's a 22 year old averaging 15.5 ppg, 11.1 rpg. and that's for the season, he didn't even really turn it on until december. earlier this month, he had a 4-game stretch where he went for:

32 and 18
20 and 14
20 and 13
31 and 16

and he's nowhere near fulfilling his potential.

 
At 3/23/2007 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Crack Staff @ Perkisabeast.com prefers the Soul Stirrers but that's just our thing...

 
At 3/23/2007 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And yes, Al Jefferson is a Beast

 

Post a Comment

<< Home