3.15.2007

Georgetown is a SCHOOL

Following suit from the Brown Recluse, Esq., I am adopting Georgetown as my tourney team. In the interest of full disclosure, my brother went there. But that's not all...GTown also nurtured the young A.I., the young Billy Clinton (holler at SFS CLASS OF '68), and this highly highly attractive woman.



Not to mention that Catholicism is THE RELIGION OF BASKETBALL. Seriously. It preaches a material God, one who is immanent in everyday life and is omnipresent. I feel the same way when Roy Hibbert enters a cold gymnasium in North Carolina. Hibbert and Jeff Green are occupying the exact same # of square feet of another successful final four duo, one that I like to refer to as Tyrus Thomas and Big Baby Davis. And having a frontcourt of that girth can only mean prosperity. Forget for a second that their guards are highly suspect on the defensive end--their bracket is pretty favorable. They play Belmont (home to the studio that Elvis used--obviously racist), then a guy with a preppy name (Jared Dudley), then GW (safety school for Georgetown), then some worn-down incarnation of Marquette/UNC/Texas, a team that will have no doubt have undergone multiple overtimes in a tough bracket. I think you know where this is headed...HOYA SAXA.

4 Comments:

At 3/15/2007 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I already know I'm wack. So I'll keep it anonymous. Who is that woman?

 
At 3/15/2007 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alison Becker...holler.

And Doctor Lic, I would have killed you if you had chosen any other school.

 
At 3/16/2007 4:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The anti-Duke lives! "LET'S GO HOY-AS!"

 
At 3/17/2007 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reggie said "...damn"

The definition of eloquence - oh, and brevity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home