1.30.2008

So We Can All Be Free

I'm running around Portland, trying to play real reporter for SLAM. As much as I fancy myself the [insert fancy sports writing dilettante here] of NBA coverage, by the end of today I'll probably be better known as its Fran Drescher.

So in the interest of the pain inside me, and whatever pain I may cause others, here's a bunch of photos of Gerald Wallace as a kid. I would link to the Amir Johnson candids I put up earlier this season, but wait...THEY'RE GONE FOREVER. Seriously people with blogs (the textless, whip-smart elegance of TYI excluded), back up your images. That's what I'm doing here, and tacitly daring Flickr to do its worst.

And how could I not, when I have these to share with you. Some forms of community are bigger than social networkings reticulated bird-brain. We have the ether on our side. They have only mice and switchboards.











Oh, and if you think this shit is creepy or stalky, obviously you've never tried to write a book chapter about a fairly obscure NBA players. The woodwork falls to pieces and you stand in the presence of unlikely relics.

Anyone in the media room at tonight's game, holler at me. I look like space.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 1/30/2008 4:48 PM, Blogger MaxwellDemon said...

I was hoping you'd play real reporter for the Sun, for the, like, synergy.

 
At 1/30/2008 4:50 PM, Blogger MaxwellDemon said...

Or perhaps syzygy.

 
At 1/30/2008 8:25 PM, Blogger MC Welk said...

beats the hell out of running around Seattle playing a real reporter.

 
At 1/30/2008 8:26 PM, Blogger angela said...

excuse me, but does that salmon-colored shirt say "REPAIR & OUTLAST"?!

ask roy about his days as a garfield bulldog.

 
At 1/30/2008 9:13 PM, Blogger MC Welk said...

on second thought, get a Pavlovic replica jersey and try to sit on the Cavs bench

 
At 1/31/2008 3:00 AM, Blogger Caleb Hersch said...

Damn homie. I wish I'd seen this post earlier today. I write the live blog for TrailBlazers.com

Are you sticking around for Friday's game against the New York We-have-two-fat-big-men-who-can't-play-D Knicks?

 
At 1/31/2008 3:07 AM, Blogger Caleb Hersch said...

If you're going to be around shoot me an e-mail: caleb.hersch@trailblazers.com

 
At 1/31/2008 4:09 PM, Blogger Jack Brown said...

Hm, less musketeerish as a child.

 
At 1/31/2008 8:24 PM, Blogger dickie said...

A non-sequitur, but has anyone noticed the eerie similarity between Obama and Lebron. Both have, somehow, lived up to and in fact surpassed the absurd hype that preceded their official entrances into the game. I can think of no other examples of this phenomenon...

 
At 1/31/2008 8:43 PM, Blogger Brian said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1/31/2008 8:54 PM, Blogger Bethlehem Shoals said...

Sorry. Go read someone else's site, I guess.

And did you ever think that a lot of our good material is going into the book? Maybe, just maybe, that news might make you want to buy it. Please. PLEASE.

Thank you for reading, I guess.

 
At 1/31/2008 9:27 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Eh, fuck. Who am I kidding? What other site would I read?

There's still nothing else. Truehoop and whatever is rad and all, but you're apples to everyone else's oranges.

Respect.

 
At 2/03/2008 11:33 PM, Blogger reggy said...

Paul gasol will player of Memphis Grizzlies will play with los angeles lakers he lives in barcelona espaƱa a 500 meters from my house

 

Post a Comment

<< Home