9.29.2008

FD Ground Game Prep



When you put out a book, you go forth. That's why, once we've all done our share of post-election celebrating, screaming, or cackling, and after Thanksgiving dies down, Big Baby Belafonte, Silverbird5000, and I will be roaming the East Coast. And potentially Dr. LIC and The Recluse, too. We're in the process of finalizing our schedule, and working out our costume changes, but figured we'd put out an open call here for any college students who'd like to see FreeDarko give a lecture at their campus. Preferably the kind that goes through the student activities committee and pays for our gas money. You'll get to see us try and make a book reading interesting, ask us questions, and then find us a bar that's showing that night's Grizzlies game.

So if this sounds like something that might interest you, and you're in a position to set it up for somewhere between 12/1 and 12/12, shoot us a brief message at freedarko at gmail dot com. Our lives don't depend on you, but it could be fun for all involved.

And if you don't happen to live around there, fear not. We will be gracing other parts of the country with our presence, so stay tuned.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 9/30/2008 10:24 AM, Blogger Tom Deal said...

I swear to the Lord of post-post-positionality that I will do my damndest to get you a gig in Pittsburgh. Halfway city between the gutter and the stars and Cleveland and Philly.

 
At 9/30/2008 12:01 PM, Blogger Vincent Atienza said...

You think Canada (anywhere!!) is in your sights?

 
At 9/30/2008 12:27 PM, Blogger Bethlehem Shoals said...

I might make a solo trip to Vancouver at some point, but we're trying to stick to the Northeast Corridor for travel time's sake.

 
At 9/30/2008 12:40 PM, Blogger m. Alana said...

If I personally knew anyone other than myself that read FD, or believed in liberated fandom as a concept, I'd try to bring you to North Florida. Is anybody here a student in Gainesville?

 
At 9/30/2008 4:07 PM, Blogger Matt Lundy said...

Yeah Shoals, you should come to Vancouver. I live in Victoria but I'd most likely hop on a ferry and come out.

 
At 9/30/2008 8:11 PM, Blogger Ty Keenan said...

Hello friends,

FD Local 151 will be convening at the My Bloody Valentine show tonight in San Francisco. Carter and I are in our mid-20s and have brown hair. I have a beard and will be wearing a green sweater. Carter wears glasses.

We will each be holding a white rose and a copy of the collected works of Jane Austen.

 
At 9/30/2008 11:38 PM, Blogger JJShin said...

any chance you're coming to the Chi? I know you all have loose Chicago ties so it would make sense, right? I wish I could help you but I no longer go to school (thank god). I'm sure you'll post your touring schedule though, right?

 
At 10/04/2008 1:58 AM, Blogger jwm said...

I live in Gainesville and would love to get the crew down here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home