10.01.2008

Tickling Sense












I cannot begin to tell you how much joy this photo brings me. I want it to be made into a frieze in my bedroom. I hate fall, but I could not be happier about it finally turning the month when the GREAT NBA BEGINS AGAIN. October is such a great month for the NBA because:

--We get to see rookies like Derrick Rose and Greg Oden play for real.

--We get to anticipate what non-controversy (synthetic ball, dress code) Stern creates this year to drum up interest in the season. *Simmons' theory

--We get to hear names like Araujo, Kevin Ollie, Darius Miles, and Wesley Person...names we have not heard in a while and are likely never to hear again.

--We get to see grown men like Eddy Curry and Kevin Love throw up.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 10/01/2008 3:33 PM, Blogger Bethlehem Shoals said...

Is that mist or tear gas?

 
At 10/01/2008 3:35 PM, Blogger Brown Recluse, Esq. said...

WHO IS MIKE MILLER PUNCHING?

 
At 10/01/2008 4:41 PM, Blogger Ghost Deini said...

It's yr boy Al Jefferson. But honestly, what is going on in that picture?

 
At 10/01/2008 5:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wait, what about Wesley Person?

 
At 10/01/2008 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe that's Chalmers's/Arthur's/Beasley's hotel room before security showed up...

 
At 10/01/2008 6:10 PM, Blogger Dr. Lawyer IndianChief said...

i made up the wesley person thing, just because i miss him.

 
At 10/01/2008 6:28 PM, Blogger Brown Recluse, Esq. said...

Weird, it doesn't look like Al Jefferson. He looks smaller.

 
At 10/01/2008 6:50 PM, Blogger berts said...

Lil Wayne on liberated fandom:

"People were also asking in the blog comments why don't I like the Saints? I do like the Saints, but I'm not a Saints fan first, and that's only because that shows my true love for sports. I'm not just gonna choose a favorite team just 'cause that's my city. The only reason why I'm a Saints fan is because that's my city, but I'm a true Packers fan."

 
At 10/01/2008 9:06 PM, Blogger •º• said...

everything out of celtic's camp points to miles having a spot created for him on this team...

likely to hear a lot more of his name.

 
At 10/02/2008 12:59 AM, Blogger Matt Lundy said...

Lil Wayne just seems like a guy who likes everything. Dude even has a favourite NHL team. (Although the best part of his first column, for me, was that he had a bunch of people over to his house to watch the Wimbledon finals. The only thing better than the Federer/Nadal would be watching Lil Wayne watch the F/N match.)

It's less about liberated fandom for Lil Wayne than choosing steady teams across all sports. Choosing the Green Bay Packers and the UNC Tar Heels as your favourite teams seems more like a foreign person picking teams based on the one or two games broadcast in their country each season.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home