5.26.2009

Look Out, Distant Past!!!!!



This has already been up on Twitter for an hour, so I don't even know why I'm bothering with this announcement. Perhaps I'm just a man of tradition, or the old ways that will never die. In any case, when you gear up for the 2010-11 NBA season, you will be able to do so with a new FreeDarko book by your side. That's right, today we shook virtual hands with Bloomsbury on a follow-up to The Macrophenomenal Pro Basketball Almanac, tentatively called something like The Microphenomenal Companion to Pro Basketball History. For those concerned, "microphenomenal" is even less of a real word than "macrophenomenal."

As the title suggests, this volume will take our zany and introspective take on the game and comb through the sands of time with it. Who knows what will pop up? We too hope to be surprised, challenged, and even occasionally disgusted.

We look forward to once again working with Ben Adams, Carrie Majer, and all the other fine folks at Bloomsbury. We'd like to thank our agent Chris Parris-Lamb, and wish his Jackals good luck in the upcoming NY Urban Professionals League playoffs. And yes, we owe it all to you, the readers, but probably mostly those of you who bought a copy of the first book.

With that, let a new day dawn!

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At 5/26/2009 5:51 PM, Blogger themarkpike said...

I offer macrocongratulations! Long live print.

 
At 5/26/2009 5:58 PM, Blogger ja:keylee said...

Essential reading in the works...can't wait fam!!

 
At 5/26/2009 6:03 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Congratulations! I'm super happy that this comes today, as I'm finally finishing up the first book. I've worked my way slowly through it, mostly out of the morbid knowledge that there'll be nothing left after I finish it, but now there's something to celebrate and look forward to. Best of luck, I hope you guys make a ton of money off this one (and that you did off the previous one as well). I'll buy my copy again, as well as give it out as a gift to all the hoops heads I know.

 
At 5/26/2009 6:50 PM, Blogger Trey said...

I bought three, so triple thanks to me.

Big ups.

 
At 5/26/2009 7:26 PM, Blogger J. Yingling said...

Sweetness! Like Michael I was just finishing up the first book as well and look forward to your next one. Also, wonderful work on those commercials. Just upped them on my blog a few days ago. Hopefully the work keeps rollin in for you guys.

 
At 5/26/2009 7:47 PM, Blogger Ben said...

Can't wait for another legendary composition by the Beethovens of basketball analysis and the dissection of culture. I'm stoked!

 
At 5/27/2009 12:21 AM, Blogger michael b. said...

To quote Marv Albert - "Yes!"
Great news, looking forward to it.

 
At 5/27/2009 12:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Shit. Now I need more walls.

Congrats, gents. Well deserved.

 
At 5/27/2009 12:59 AM, Blogger JohnCraig said...

Can't wait to see who writes the foreward.

 
At 5/27/2009 4:34 AM, Blogger Jamøn Serrano said...

I hope this book flips the script on us FD-juden and maybe some props to Jorge Luis Borges "book of imaginary creatures".

 
At 5/27/2009 7:10 AM, Blogger Ry said...

I can't believe how many people I've gotten to be NBA fans through recommending the first book. One of the most unique books I've read on any subject. Congrats.

"Microphenomenal" should include a chapter on David Stern, who is obviously El Diablo. And who has a bigger ego than Satan?!?

I actually came here looking for a thoughtful piece on the Stern-string-pulled machinations behind the scenes in this officiating theater, the absolute worst I've seen in my lifetime.

Odds on Stern's head exploding if we see a Nugs v. Magic Finals?

 
At 5/27/2009 7:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, it'll be just like when he rigged it all those times so the fan-favorite, big-market Spurs would make it to the finals. Nobody wanted to see Kobe Bryant, or the boring, high-speed Suns, and he knew it. America wanted Tony "Everyone loves the French" Parker, Bruce "Solid Defense" Bowen and Tim "Fundamentals" Duncan.

 
At 5/27/2009 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everybody loves watching 58 fouls in 48 minutes.
/Stern's script.

 
At 5/27/2009 9:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

*intricate dap handshake and body bump that implies happiness for a familiar

 
At 5/27/2009 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may be forced to mention a Celtic player other than Rajon Rondo.

Seriously, much deserved!

 
At 5/27/2009 12:45 PM, Blogger Thumbu Sammy said...

@AlexanderJ: Or steals from Jorge Luis Borges' "Universal History of Infamy." Stories about the losers, haters, and glorious bastards of the NBA.

 
At 5/29/2009 1:10 PM, Blogger Jamøn Serrano said...

Thumbu Sammy: Good call!

The story "El muro y los libros" is probably the best example of what Ginobli accomplished in his playoff apex; the phrase, "ciertos crepúsculos (certain sunsets)" comes to mind most immediately.

 
At 6/14/2013 6:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It is quite impressive how fashion (specially their hair cuts) changed in all those years. Something that people on the Hostpph would like to check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home