1.12.2010

Sprinkles



Three things of note:

-The above very interesting Dr. J. video. Get involved, get into it.

-I was a guest on The Dagger Report, where Mike Prada, Kyle from Truth About It, and myself let the Arenas anguish and confusion flow.

-Finally, I am happy to announce that tonight's meeting of the SSSBDA went fine, though I want to change it to SSSDBA, which stands for "Death by Arrival." Instead, I was convinced to change our name to "Basketball Death Association." However, I would also like to announce the official end of my fatwa against Stephen Curry. No, he's still no point guard, and the non-stop love for him must eventually expire. Tonight against the Cavs, though, he looked damn good: streaking to the basket with quickness and agility, beating defenders with the crossover, displaying real urgency when knocking down threes, and filling up the stat sheet. Curry can play on or off the ball, pile up points from all over, and move the ball around well enough, too. He's creative and exciting, and is at his best when his confidence guides him, but is also more than a little careless. In other words, he and Monta Ellis are turned out to be more like each other than we'd ever expected. Ty Keenan just called him "the white Monta."

Also worth noting: While Curry remains the darling of purists around the world, he's also an ideal Nellie guard (Ellis comes up short on that count). And only in that haywire system by the Bay could this golden boy actually thrive. That's a cruel irony, but one I can applaud all day, and maybe even makes me like the kid a little more. Not just grudgingly respect him.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1/12/2010 9:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Listening to that Julius truly is a Doctor--transcendental even

 
At 1/13/2010 3:32 PM, Blogger Asher said...

Offensively he isn't bad but the guy's 10th in the league in fouls per game. As a guard. The next highest guard is 33rd. When he's trying to figure out whether to help, he reminds me of me playing ball in gym class in second grade - at which point in my life I was actually severely disabled. I just can't support such an aggressively one-way player.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home