5.14.2010

Calm as Flies



There, that's Corey Maggette sparring with some dude. Really puts everything in perspective.

Speaking of a lack of perspective, check out the new FD Presents the Disciples of Clyde Podcast, where I have a nervous collapse over the idea that sports are nothing but a marketplace for enacted cliches and mankind's limitations.

Or what about this amazing piece I wrote over at FanHouse on coping with these crazy times we've entered?

A point I want to make: Garnett looks damn good. Better even than when they won in 2008. I like watching him again, even if he's still pissing me off. Along those same perplexing lines: his comment about loyalty wasting your youth was at once the most KG thing he's said in forever, and a slap in the face of what we construed him to be back in Minny. Which would make it somehow the most and least KG thing out of his mouth in years, or maybe suggest alternate KGs that must battle to the death to decide which one gets remembered. This certainly suggests they cannot co-exist.

Check out Joey on LBJ. He definitely has a sense of perspective about this, one far more useful than that provided by watching Maggette throw weak punches.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5/14/2010 9:56 PM, Blogger The Backwards K said...

So, have you guys seen this?

http://wcwpsports.blogspot.com/2010/05/west-sleeping-with-lebrons-mom-reason.html

TerezOwens.com broke the story that apparently Cleveland's favorite herpes-sore havin', gun packin' motorcycle ridin' guard had been FUCKING LEBRON'S MOM!!

Of course this isn't mainstream, but TerezOwens has broken similar stories in the past and he does has sources.

The story is that apparently Delonte had been with Gloria James for a period of time, but before game 4 Bron became aware of it. That's the reason for the collapse and his lack of effort in the last few games.

I'm not sure how much I believe it, but while I was watching the last two games I thought to myself "there has to be something else going on that we don't know about," and I'm sure some of you did too.

This would be an incredible, incredible story if true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home