10.27.2010

We'll Always Have the Next Day

IversonDollPage1
Some of you might have noticed, and even taken a shot at, our Allen Iverson paper doll funny contest. Yesterday, we received an entry from artist Emily O'Leary, along with an admission that "I think I sort of misinterpreted the Iverson paper doll thing". It's true, she did. However, the world is a much better place for it, and I wanted to share these with you all as soon as possible.

Don't forget to buy the books, leave Amazon reviews, and check out the store's new offerings. Peep the excerpt on Deadspin, including comments that ruined my morning. And speaking of Deadspin, check back later today for a special, earth-shattering surprise involving yours truly.

IversonDollPage2

I hope this doesn't mean all of you will stop submitting your Iverson creations. Remember, Emily didn't follow the rules. Though I think we'll all agree that an exception might be order. It's kind of like AI himself ... as I describe him in the book!

IversonDollPage3

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 10/27/2010 11:31 AM, Blogger dvjs said...

if there is a way, the naismith and chamberlain prints from the book should be in the store. please.

 
At 10/27/2010 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not yet read the Iverson section.

But related to the contest...like the NBA, rules can be massaged selectively, and best when for the greater good.

There is a part of me that really wants Emily to have created the Nick Cave 2009 Soundsuit/abacus concept, but I suspect she was riffing off something Shoals wrote.

Either way. Epic!

 
At 10/27/2010 11:53 AM, Blogger Bethlehem Shoals said...

That suit is real ... and no, she's the one who put those with AI. I could never come up with that!

 
At 10/27/2010 12:43 PM, Blogger Tom Deal said...

nick cave is a visual artist. he actually makes suits like that one. no shit.


frankly i think this is lacking: where is AI as vivisected shark (Hirst) or ceramic cherubim (Koons)

because only art from a riche white male makes sense.

 
At 10/28/2010 11:25 PM, Blogger World B Freaky said...

why would anybody with an IQ over 60 read comments on deadspin?

 
At 11/01/2010 1:53 PM, Blogger MC Welk said...

They have a Nick Cave sound suit? I want one … #Bongwater

 
At 6/14/2013 6:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have to admit that my sister has something like that. You can make your little nice to like Basketball with that kind of things.

Hostpph

 

Post a Comment

<< Home