4.16.2009

You're Podcastcic!



You can't handle it. New episode of "FreeDarko Presents the Disciples of Clyde NBA Podcast" that feature appearances by myself, Dr. LIC, and our good friend Joey, who hid from his heritage by refusing to reveal his last name. Topics covered include the good and bad of the Bron/Wade/Kobe triumverate, other examples of the Beijing Effect, how pleasant it is that no one's tanking, and LeBron's disco essence.



As a public service, here's a playlist of the music used in the show:

"Everything's Ruined" - Faith No More
"I Really Love You" - The Ambassadors
"Assassins" - Geto Boys
"Dr. Handy's Dandy Candy" - Jim Ford"
"Nothing Comes to a Sleeper (But a Dream)" - Sam Dees
"Duel" - Madlib
"If You're Ready (Come Go With Me) - Staple Singers

Oh, and them DoC boys can write a little, too. Check out this extensive post on a playoff scenario that now won't happen, which caught my eye immediately with its 1980's DC reference in the title. Also, if you're in Chicago, go see Dan's play.

-Some other odds and ends: Not much to say about Garnett. I don't want to say he's dead to me, but I've got zero emotion invested in him or his career at this point. And I like the idea of the Celtics falling out of the picture early, not out of bitterness, but because I don't want to have to hear about them. That said, this makes Round One into THE RONDO/ROSE SHOWDOWN TO END ALL AGES AND FOREVER, which oddly has me stoked about a Boston playoff series.

-I only found out today that the playoffs actually start Saturday, not Sunday. As I mentioned, I'm co-giving this paper at EMP on Saturday (panel is "Disembodiment," where Dave Grubbs will upstage the fuck out of me, I'm sure). However, on Saturday there's the aforementioned Chicago/Boston intrigue; our chance to see just how hard Bron brings it from the first possession, against the Pistons, no less; Dallas/San Antonio I'm find with missing, but I have all sorts of obligations to pay attention to Portland/Houston, where there's oh so much at stake. While I just happened to cop a DVR this week, I'm still a little overwhelmed. Help me deal!

-And yeah, the store is on fire, sales abound, and our hella fresh Kevin Durant tee should be flying on a flagpole somewhere. Play us a visit, you won't be sorry.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

At 4/16/2009 4:09 PM, Blogger MC Welk said...

bastro diablo guapo

 
At 4/16/2009 4:26 PM, Blogger Brown Recluse, Esq. said...

@welk: yes, that David Grubbs. Good for you!

 
At 4/16/2009 6:17 PM, Blogger tim duncan said...

how can I download this on iTunes?

 
At 4/16/2009 6:24 PM, Blogger Dan Filowitz said...

Here you go:

http://tinyurl.com/cn5yko

That should take you to the show page at iTunes. If that doesn't work for some reason, just go to iTunes and search for 'disciples of clyde'

 
At 4/16/2009 6:26 PM, Blogger tim duncan said...

thanks, and how do you display audio on blog (I have on www.collegebasketball247.blogspot.com)

 
At 4/16/2009 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With KG out my theory about Glenn Davis being better than Ty Thomas will be on full display.

 
At 4/16/2009 8:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Noe those are some beautiful levels.

 
At 4/17/2009 6:02 AM, Blogger john collins said...

on a completely different topic, what is marc stein doing that a roomba couldn't?

 
At 4/17/2009 9:43 AM, Blogger Nick L. said...

I don't understand how you can just abandon KG and say you have zero invested in his career. I don't think there is an NBA fan out there for whom the guy has not been a significant force. I don't think I could just detach like that.

 
At 4/17/2009 11:59 AM, Blogger MC Welk said...

the only way Utah will ever be a blue state: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=nba&pollId=70108

 
At 4/17/2009 12:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Does anybody know the name of the song at the very beginning? I don't think it was listed on the playlist.

 
At 4/17/2009 12:48 PM, Blogger Bethlehem Shoals said...

I left it out to be mysterious:

"McNasty Filth" by Jaylib

 
At 4/19/2009 6:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've been searching for this level of intelligence and passion in basketball analysis for years. Extremely glad to have finally found it.

There are problems with your levels. It's nothing that dynamic compression can't sort out. If you are recording each podcast participant to their own audio track in whichever audio program you use, use a dynamic compression plug-in to equalize the levels for that speaker's entire track. It will tame the peaks and valleys of the audio signal and produce a more constant level. If all speakers are recorded to the same audio track, and you basically only have a podcast "master," use compression on this master track. Try settings of ratio: 5:1, attack: 40 ms, release: 0.5 ms or auto, knee: soft, threshold: -11 db, or so much that attenuation reaches a value of about 5-7. If this this doesn't make sense, you can email me at jskomarovsky (at) gmail (dot) com. Consistent levels would greatly help. All else is gold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home